The Ironlakes Half Distance will take place on Saturday 17 September 2022.
Belgian Championship competition
Currently awaiting information from the Belgian Triathlon Federation, it is very likely that 4 delayed starts will be organized. The exact program will be communicated shortly.
- Start HALF Distance “MEN’S Belgian Championship”: Men of Belgian nationality, affiliated to an international triathlon federation, will start.
- Start HALF Distance “Belgian WOMEN Championship”: Women of Belgian nationality, affiliated to an international triathlon federation, will start.
- HALF Distance “Open” start: Women and men of Belgian or foreign nationality, who are not affiliated with an international triathlon federation and who had to take a one-day license when registering.
- HALF Start Distance “Relay Team”: Participants who take part in the relay team race will take the start.
- Belgian licensed athletes will be included in two classifications: The Belgian Championship and the general classification.
- Non-licensed athletes will only be classified in the general classification.
IMPORTANT: When registering:
– If you are LICENSEED with a federation recognized by the International Triathlon Federation for the year 2022, please enter your license number. This license number will be checked by the federation and will allow you to participate and be classified in the Belgian Championship.
– If you are not LICENSEE with a federation recognized by the International Triathlon Federation for the year 2022, a one-day license must be purchased at the time of registration. Once purchased, the cost of the one-day license cannot be refunded.
Attention: This one-day license does not exempt from the medical certificate. This must be presented to the race secretariat when collecting the bib. Athletes not registered as a LICENSEE will take the “open” start and cannot be classified in the ranking of the Belgian Championship.
NOTE: If you do not currently have a triathlon license but plan to join a triathlon club and obtain a license in 2022, please select “IN APPLICATION”.
- The start will be given at 11am from the banks of the Plate Taille Welcome Centre at the Lacs de l’Eau d’Heure (Attention change of location compared to 2019).
- Half Distance athletes will have the possibility to leave their bikes and helmets in the bike park from Friday 16 September between 4pm and 8pm (not compulsory unlike Full Distance athletes but highly recommended). On the day of the race, the entry in the bike park will take place from 9 am to 10.30 am
- DISTANCES: 1900m – 92km – 21km
- Minimum age: 18 years old during the current year (born in 2004 or before)
- At the time of registration, non-licensed athletes will have to show an identity card and provide a medical certificate mentioning the aptitude to do a triathlon in competition. The medical certificate is valid for 6 months.
- You can download a sample certificate here.
- Licensed athletes will need to present their identity card and a valid licence from an international triathlon federation.
- The number of race numbers is limited to 950.
- Start at 11 am
- Swim: 1:10
- Swim + bike: 6:00
- Swim + bike + run: 8:00
- Race closes at 7 pm
- The start of the race will be in a “Mass Start” format.